Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Homemade Taco Seasoning Mix

One of my favorite go to cookbooks is Healthy Meals for Less by Jonni McCoy I will admit I love trying to be as frugal as possible and this cookbook is a great way to do that. All of the recipes are less than a $1 per serving and healthy! What a combo right!?!
I enjoy making my own mixes, spices, etc. when I can. This Taco Seasoning recipe is great because it really has cut out a lot of the sodium and junk that is found in the pre-packaged mixes. Again I have tweaked the recipe a little.
Ingredients
*1/4 Whole Wheat Flour
*1-1 1/2 T. Chili Powder
*1/4 c. onion powder
*2 1/2 t. garlic powder
*3 t. salt
*4 t. paprika
*1/4 t. cayenne pepper
* 2 t. sugar
*2 t. cumin
*2 t. oregano
Directions
Put all ingredients in blender. Blend until powdery (no more than 5 seconds). This mix can be stored in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
3T of mix= 1 pre-packaged mix

No comments:

Post a Comment