Friday, June 3, 2011

The Quest

I am on a quest to balance our meals and create a healthier lifestyle for our family. I have attempted this quest many times in the past and can never quite succeed. The convenience of unhealthy eating always seems to overpower my determination to clean our diets up. I created this blog in part to share recipes but also to help track my progress of creating healthy, clean meals for my family.
Instead of trying to change everything all at once I have decided that I am going to try to slowly implement the changes I would like to see. This quest may take a while to get started because my husband is currently deployed, though returning very soon, and then we are planning to take an extended family vacation. Rather than putting off the planning until we get settled after vacation I have decided to start small now. I am going to set several monthly goals for myself that incorporate the idea of eating clean, healthy foods and eliminating the unhealthy options.
This is not to say I expect this to be an easy journey or a perfect journey. Yes, we will still eat out on occasion, even fast food, but I believe that an overall clean, healthy diet is better than a junk filled unhealthy diet.
My June Goals:
-Find 10 homemade snack recipes
-Find 10 Meatless recipes
-Find 10 Fish recipes
-Find 10 chicken/poultry recipes
-Begin trying new recipes.
-Implement weekly dinner plan (see below).
-Begin to eliminate unhealthy/processed snacks.

*Weekly Dinner Plan*
Monday: Fish
Tuesday: Meatless
Wednesday: Chicken/Poultry
Thursday: Meatless
Friday: Beef or Free Night
Saturday: Fish
Sunday: Chicken/Poultry

No comments:

Post a Comment