Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Turkey Taco Meatloaf

Hungry Girl's cookbooks are commonly used in my house. There are so many recipes that I love to make from her cookbooks. Most of my favorites are lunch type recipes but I must say that I absolutely love Hungry Girl's Turkey Taco Meatloaf. My family doesn't normally like meatloaf but this recipe isn't your traditional meatloaf! I have changed the recipe up a little bit but not much.
Ingredients
*1lb raw ground turkey
*2 slices Kraft Singles
*1/2c shredded cheese (I personally like Colby Jack)
*1/2c frozen corn, thawed
*1/4c diced bell pepper
*1/4c. diced onion
*1/2c. salsa
*1/2-1T. Taco Seasoning
Directions
Preheat oven to 375*. Cook peppers and onions for 2-3minutes over medium heat. In a bowl combine onions, peppers, turkey, corn, and seasoning. Spread half of the mixture evenly into the bottom of a loaf pan (greased). Layer Kraft Singles on top of mixture. Top cheese with remaining mixture. Pour salsa over loaf and cook for 30 minutes. Top loaf with shredded cheese and cook for another 15 minutes.
This recipes makes 6 servings but because it is such a low calorie recipes and the servings are kind of small I find my family often eats 2 servings instead of just one.

No comments:

Post a Comment