Thursday, October 13, 2011

Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork

I adapted this recipe from Pioneer Woman but put my own little twist on it. I love Pulled Pork recipes because they are so versatile. This recipe was so easy to make and turned out really tasty too!
Ingredient list:
20 oz bottle of Diet Dr. Pepper
4lb Pork Shoulder Roast
1 c. Ketchup
1/4c. Brown Sugar
3 T. Worchestshire Sauce
1 onion (chopped)
Garlic Powder
1 T. Molasses

Instructions:
Mix all ingredients except Dr. Pepper and Roast together in pan and bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes. Stirring occasionally. Place onions in the bottom of the crockpot, place roast in the crock pot on top of onions. Add Dr. Pepper and then pour sauce over roast. Cook on high heat for 3-4 hours then cook on low heat until roast easily shreds.

I served this on buns and on nachos. It makes a lot of meat. We have made several meals out of the roast and even have some to put in the freezer. This is a great recipe for potlucks and get togethers too.

1 comment:

  1. I love pulled pork. I keep debating trying the "Dr. Pepper" method. Maybe I will now! :)

    ReplyDelete