Thursday, October 13, 2011

PBS Keeping Kids Fit 5k Run

This past Saturday S, H, and I participated in the 2nd Annual PBS Keeping Kids Fit 5k run. It was so much fun. S and I are not seasoned runners by any means but we can run at a nice slow pace. H got to see Elmo so he was happy of course. We participated in last year's run too but this year we felt much more prepared. We actually knew the route this year and I was in much better shape this year. We shaved 4 minutes off our time too which I was pretty proud of, I know it wasn't much but I haven't been on a solid run training schedule for while. S and I took turns pushing H in his jogging stroller and H talked to everyone we passed and everyone that passed us. I had never really pushed the stroller while running but didn't do half bad.
We are not morning people so I will admit that getting up at 5am to go run wasn't exactly the most exciting thing in the world but I take pride in the fact that I actually did get up and run. It is so easy, for me at least, to make excuses when it comes to things I am not completely comfortable with. I think that this run will become a family tradition that we will look forward to each year. Next year I am hoping to shave a few more minutes off our run time!

No comments:

Post a Comment