Thursday, October 6, 2011

Comfort Foods

As I mentioned it has finally started to cool down around here. I am loving it. This entire week has been cloudy, rainy, and cool. I know I am not a Las Vegas local because most of the locals I know are complaining. 300 plus days of sun can get kind of old, at least for this Midwestern girl.

Enough about the weather, my question for is what are some of your favorite comfort foods. When the weather starts to cool I always am taken back to my childhood and all the yummy foods my Mom used to prepare for us. Some of my favorites include:

Grandpa's Chili (I plan to add that to our menu very soon!)
Grammy's Apple Crisp
Mom's Pumpkin Roll
Mom's Banana Nut Bread

I promise to share these recipes with you over the next few weeks and maybe even add a few new comfort foods to the list! Please share some of your comfort foods with me. I love this time of year and all the yummy foods that come with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment