Monday, November 21, 2011

Clean Eating Challenge

I have mentioned before the importance of cleaning eating to me but I must admit I have struggled, well honestly failed, at providing my family with clean meals. This is a lifestyle change that isn't easy to make. I mean think about how many different ways advertisers throw food advertisements at us. We see ads for the newest industrial food creation on TV, in store, as we are driving around town, and honestly even in our own kitchens. I am determined to succeed and provide clean foods and meals for my family, no matter how many times I fail trying. It is a constant struggle for me that is for sure.

Food has always been a challenge for me though. I have had weight issues most of my adult life and have finally conquered them or at least gotten to a healthy weight, though I am still working on those stubborn last pounds. So the thought of eliminating all the processed junk from my kitchen is a bit overwhelming. Food has always meant a lot to me, memories often come from meals, food is comfort to me, etc. I must find new ways to fill the void that some of my favorite industrial foods have filled but I know I can if I focus on my goal.

I am currently in the research phase and plan to begin slowly implementing my family's clean eating plan. I don't want to go through my cupboards and just throw everything processed out instead I want to find healthy replacements and start changing our lifestyle. I think in the past I have always started full force and gotten overwhelmed and failed. So rather than burning out in the next few weeks I am going to go slow and steady...that wins the race right?!?

As we start changing our lifestyle I will be sure to share our experiences with you so that you too can change your eating lifestyle if you so choose. I will also share what I learn while I research what it means to eat clean and the tips I find about how to successfully eat clean.

There are a few things we are already doing in our household that I believe are good starts to our clean eating lifestyle change. They include:
-all of our beef is Grass fed, hormone, antibiotic free, as is our chicken which is also free ranging.
-the only milk we drink is Organic milk.
-our weekly basket from Bountiful Baskets is organic and for the most part all of the produce we eat is organic.

I don't have a solid plan for implementing our clean eating lifestyle yet but will be creating a flexible plan soon and of course will share it. Clean eating is important to both S and I so I know that if we are determined to eat clean we will. It just takes determination and willpower to ignore all of the industrial food advertisements thrown our way day in and day out.

No comments:

Post a Comment