Friday, November 25, 2011

Pear Sauce

Next week's meal plan includes a recipe for homemade Apple Sauce, which I made the other day. As I was rearranging things in my kitchen this evening I noticed we have a lot of Pears from out Bountiful Baskets produce basket that needed to be used. This abundance of Pears got me thinking...if I can make Apple Sauce why can't I make Pear Sauce? So I am giving it a shot tonight since it is such an easy thing to do!

Ingredients:
5-6 Pears
Dash of Cinnamon
1/4 cup Apple Juice
1 teaspoon Honey

Directions:
Cut pears up into pieces. Leave skins on unless you have the time to peel them...who has that much time right? Mix pears, cinnamon, juice, and honey in a pot. Cover and Simmer over low heat for 20-25 minutes. Then blend in a blender or if you are so lucky with an immersion blender. Store in the refrigerator or freezer.

Here are the pictures of my Pear Sauce!



No comments:

Post a Comment