Tuesday, November 22, 2011

The Obvious Starting Point?

I started reading, The Eat Clean Diet for Family and Kids, tonight and one of the things that popped out at me (though a lot popped out at me) was the idea that what we choose to eat can be influenced by our environment. I will be the first to admit that I am not the greatest housekeeper and my busy schedule makes it even easier to let our household fall into disarray. I am not saying it is dirty or disgusting but its not as clean as I would like so I have decided that in order to implement this lifestyle change I must get our household in order. I am not saying that everything is going to be in its place at all times....I do have a toddler after all...but I am going to make sure this house is visitor friendly at all times. (No one ever comes to visit, we live 1600 miles from our families, so it is easy to let it fall into that really lived in state). 

Clean eating is about food of course but I think it is about the life we chose to live and this includes the environment we chose to live in as well. I guess for me I am more likely to take the time to cook a wholesome, clean meal if my house is clean and in order. Seriously who wants to cook in a dirty kitchen or eat in a cluttered dinning room? If I am more likely to prepare a meal at home then I am obviously less likely to hit a drive-thru, which I have a bad habit of doing when I don't feel like cooking. 

My goal is to have my house in "clean-eating" shape by the end of the week. I have been working hard this evening and can't wait to get the house deep cleaned for easy maintenance as we begin our clean eating lifestyle change. I know if I take the time clean our lifestyle up in all areas it will make our clean eating lifestyle much easier to follow and stick with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment