Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Egg Noodles

I love pasta but hate what is in the store bought stuff. I have been searching the internet for a good egg noodle recipe that isn't full of off the wall ingredients. I found this recipe on Pioneer Woman's website and decided to base my egg noodles off of it.
I started with 2 cups flour, 4 eggs, and 1.5 tablespoons flaxseed meal. I try to add flaxseed to our meals whenever I can and I thought this would be a great opportunity to add some in. 

I measured the flour into a bowl. Then I created a well in the center of the flour for the eggs. I used my hands (its messy) to mix up the flour and eggs until the dough was well mixed and created a ball. 

Then I let the kneaded the dough on a floured surface until it was no longer tacky. It should look like the above picture. 

Once the dough was ready I rolled it out until is was very thin. These noodles get BIG when they are boiled so make sure you roll the dough really thin. 

Once the dough was rolled out I simply cut the dough into pasta like shapes. As you can see I didn't cut them perfectly they are edible. :) I used a pizza cut to cut the dough. 

To cook the noodles bring the water to a boil and add salt. Boil the noodles for 2-3 minutes, they cook super fast! Then drain and serve. 
To save for later toss with a bit of olive oil and store in the fridge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment