Saturday, February 11, 2012

Gah! Where have I been?

Oh my have I been MIA huh? S left for another deployment last month and we have been adjusting. When S left I set a few goals for myself:
1. Graduate from College with my Bachelors degree this spring!
2. Establish a healthy lifestyle for myself and our family. (Eating, exercise/activity etc.)
3. Reach my goal weight of 125.

I am working on my degree. I am currently taking 3 courses and will start a 4th in the coming weeks. I am looking forward to graduating and finding a job. I have been a stay at home Mom and student since S joined the Air Force. I am looking forward to get back into the workforce!

As far as the healthy lifestyle as you all know I have been striving to establish a healthy lifestyle for the three of us for quite some time. I have heard people talk about the Paleo diet but really hadn't looked into. Well earlier this week I meet with an awesome girl to talk about It Works! products and she mentioned her Paleo lifestyle. (I think I ended up getting more out of our meeting then she did). I came home and started researching right away! I found an overwhelming amount of information online but wanted to learn more (I am a book reader) so I bought The Paleo Diet by Loren Cordain. After reading the book I decide the Paleo diet (or lifestyle as I like to call it) is the lifestyle that I want to lead and that I hope my family will follow too. It makes so much sense to me and focuses on non-processed foods. So starting tomorrow I will be eating like a caveman!

I am going to share my Paleo journey with you so if you are interested in first hand experience I can help you with that! :) Now onto my 3rd goal of reaching my goal weight. I firmly believe that following the Paleo Diet will be what it takes to reach my goals. I am also hoping that my new Paleo friend will hook me up with her awesome strength and fitness coach too! I do fully believe that my diet has more to do with my weight problems than my fitness/exercise level...maybe I am wrong though.

I will be keeping you up to date on my progress with all of my goals but especially with my Paleo lifestyle. I am so excited to share this journey with you all!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to read it!!! I am also forwarding this to my friend so she can keep up with it too :D

    ReplyDelete