Thursday, February 16, 2012

Temptations

Oh boy is it fun to face temptations, well I guess fun isn't the best word to describe it. H has been sick and yesterday was spent cuddling on the couch and boy did I not want to prepare anything for dinner. In our house when someday is sick with anything other than the stomach flu we normally order take out of some sort since who wants to cook when they are dealing with sickies? I wanted to break down so badly and order a couple of personal pan pizzas for H and I. I didn't though! Woohooo! Thank goodness I had plenty of leftovers from earlier meals this week so I just reheated things yesterday.

H also has some Rasinettes that we use every now and then as a reward for having a really good day! He doesn't get candy otherwise so he loves his Rasinettes. Well yesterday I wanted to dive into the bag and have just one (which probably would have turned into half the bag). I kept walking by that stupid bag wanting to reach in and grab one. I resisted though! I want to weigh in this week after eating a strictly Paleo diet.

Having a toddler who is particular about what kinds of foods he eats makes it difficult to keep the temptations out of the house. H isn't too picky but you know he loves his yogurt and corndogs. :) I believe that learning to deal with temptation will make me stronger in the long run than hiding from all temptations. It still makes it tough when I really want a treat or something not Paleo when I have it in the house. I just have to focus on the benefits I will reap by eating Paleo and work on converting H to Paleo too.

I am sure when S gets home it will be harder to stick to Paleo even though S says he is willing to give Paleo a try. I know the opportunities to cheat will be greater which is why I think it is so important to learn to deal with temptations now.

Paleo is not a diet for me but a lifestyle so I have to learn to adapt so I can fulfill my lifestyle goals. Temptations will always be a part of my life and every now and again I think it is okay to enjoy a treat but those treats shouldn't be daily and maybe not even once a week. I guess so far I am handling temptation pretty well hopefully I can continue to handle them just as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment