Wednesday, February 15, 2012

So how's Paleo going?

I thought I would check in with you all and let you know how Paleo is going for me thus far. I have been at this a few days so far and have really enjoyed everything thus far. There are some things I have learned and had get adjusted to but overall I am loving my Paleo lifestyle!

-Eating only when hungry. This is a strange one for me. I am used to just eating even if I am not hungry. You know we have all been trained to eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner at set times of day.Well I have enjoyed this style of eating only when hungry. I don't feel like I have to force myself to eat just because the clock says I should. Its less stressful trying to figure out what to snack on or eat when I am not hungry.

-Tired! Oh my the first couple of days of this I have been tired. I have researched this and it seems that my body is adjusting to the lack of processed crap, grains, and all that junk. I am already starting to feel a bit more energetic and I can't wait to see what happens once my body gets fully adjusted.

-New eating rules. It is tough preparing a meal or snack for H and not sneaking a bit or two. I want to get H on the Paleo diet too but there are somethings he just isn't willing to eat. I have cleared most of the crap food out of the house but when we have had a long day a quick fast food meal sounds like the best option.

So far I have stuck to my Paleo plan. I have not eaten any non-Paleo foods or any non-Paleo drinks. There have been moments where I want to sneak something non-Paleo but I have stuck to my guns. I think that if I can just get my body through this withdrawal or adjustment phase Paleo will easily just become a lifestyle for me.

I haven't weighed myself since starting Paleo, which is unusual since I normally weigh in every day. I plan to weigh in once a week (on Sundays) instead. The scale can be discouraging and I know I am going through an adjustment phase so the scale could get me down. I am excited to weigh in on Sunday though to see how I am doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment