Sunday, August 28, 2011

Beef Jerky

S loves beef jerky but I always shudder at the price of it and the long list of ingredients on the packaging. When we made our trip back home, to Illinois, this summer I purchased a dehydrator hoping to use it not only for jerky but also for fruits. I haven't done much as far as the fruit goes but have made jerky several times.
It is so easy to make and its tasty too, S loves it so that helps too. ;) This was the first time I made it with the beef that I got from Grass Roots Meat. It turned out great and made quite a bit too. Jerky making is easy and quick. I also love that I can control what I put into my jerky seasonings.
I think that our dehydrator was one of the best investments I have made in a while. Not only can I make great jerky but as I mentioned I can do some great things with fruit too. I hope to make some yummy dried fruit soon too.

No comments:

Post a Comment