Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Grassroots Meats

Late last week I finally placed an order with Grassroots Meats and I received my order today! I am so excited to have the chance to provide my family with grass-finished beef and free range chicken without the added hormones or antibiotics. I feel like the "cleaner" I can make my family's diet the better.

Located in Pagosa Springs, Colorado,
GrassRoots Meats provides all natural grass-finished beef and lamb, as well as free-range chicken, raised without added hormones or antibiotics. Our animals are on pasture from the day they are born to the day they are taken to the processor, a small family owned USDA plant, where they are processed in a very humane fashion. Our all natural, free range chickens are raised by a producing partner in western Colorado.

I ordered the Mountain Man Special and two whole chickens. Everything came packaged and labeled professionally. I was a little worried placing an order for something that had to stay frozen since it is August in Southern Nevada but the packaging kept all of the meat frozen solid.

Here are some pictures of what we received as well as a list of what is included in the Mountain Man Special.

This picture includes: 2 whole chickens (weighing approx 3lbs each), Rump Roast, Rump Roast, Chuck Roast, Brisket, Kabob Meat, Top Round Steak and Bottom Round Steak. The beef in this picture totals about 14lbs.

The Mountain Man Special also included 20lbs of ground beef. As you can see from the picture the ground beef is packaged in 1lb packages.

I look forward to finding some great recipes for all of this meat. We don't eat beef more than once or twice a week usually so I am hoping that this will last us for several months. If you are looking to provide your family with grass fed beef or free range chicken visit Grassroots or for farmers near you visit Eat Wild.

No comments:

Post a Comment