Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Pineapple Peanut Butter Smoothie

As I have mentioned before I really enjoying drinking smoothies for a meal or two most days of the week. I am still a newbie as far as smoothies go but want to share what I learn as I go. I know that green smoothies don't look very appetizing (just ask S he won't go near them) but they really are amazingly good and good for you!
When I make a green smoothie I try to mix up the ingredients so that I can getting a variety of good for you stuff. Though bananas and spinach are pretty much in every smoothie I make. The smoothie I made tonight for dinner included cabbage which I have never put into a smoothie. It was great though.
I have found that I don't really taste the greens in my smoothies. The fruit provides enough flavor to mask any other flavors it seems. As I was preparing tonight's smoothie I took pictures to share with you but since my computer or memory card doesn't like me I don't have those pictures. :( But I will gladly the share the recipe with you!

Pineapple Peanut Butter Smoothie
1/2-1 cup water
2 cups spinach
1 cup cabbage
1/2 cup pineapple (frozen to give that smoothie consistency)
1/2 Banana (frozen to give that smoothie consistency)
1/2 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
*if your fruit isn't frozen I suggest adding ice and reducing the water*
According to my BodyBugg the nutritional information is as follows:
Calories: 175
Protein: 5.5 grams
Fat: 5 grams
Carbs: 32 grams


No comments:

Post a Comment