Thursday, September 1, 2011

HH6- Sept. Cooking Challenge

This is my first month joining the Household 6 Cooking Club! Each month members are given a cooking challenge to complete and blog about. This month's challenge is:

We all need to be prepared in the event of a disaster. You have stuff in your pantry and fridge/freezer. If a disaster should strike today and you have no access to going to a grocery store but your stove/grill is still working, what would you make with what you have on hand.

As part of the challenge we were required to take pictures of our fridge, freezer, and pantry to show what we had on hand for this challenge. Here are my pictures. I grocery shop for the week on Saturdays so my cupboards are a little bare and I clean my fridge out on Fridays so it isn't the cleanest in the world either.







I don't know what I am going to prepare and will share my experience after I prepare this meal but these are some of the items in my kitchen that I may use: ground beef, frozen veggies, brown rice, pasta, onions, garlic, potatoes, tomato paste, tomato soup, tomatoes, olive oil, and bread.
So check back in a few weeks to see what I come up with for this challenge.

1 comment:

  1. I've felt in a cooking rut lately too. I'll be checking in to follow you on your cooking journey!

    ReplyDelete