Saturday, September 24, 2011

Recipe: Skinny Sloppy Joes

Last week I posted that I would be making these Sloppy Joes this week but spaced on a few ingredients so I ended up changing the recipe a bit. I really enjoyed the changes and thought I would share my version of Skinnytaste's Skinny Sloppy Joes.



My ingredient list included:
1 tomato
7 baby carrots
1 whole onion
5 oz of whole mushrooms
1 lb ground beef
6oz Tomato Paste
6oz water
Seasoning Salt

I diced up all of the veggies while the meat browned. After draining and seasoning the meat I added the veggies and let them cook on low heat for 5 minutes. Then I added the tomato paste and water. I let it cook for another 10 minutes or so on low hit. Then I served it on buns with french fries and veggies. S and H gave it a thumbs up and I enjoyed it too. Much better than the canned sloppy joe mix I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment