Saturday, September 10, 2011

Happy Birthday, Mama Boo


Today my Mom would be 52 years old and you bet if she were still around I would be teasing her about getting older. You see my Mom was not only my Mom but my best friend. It was just her and I growing up and we did every thing together. We went to stock car races together, shopping together, summer trips to Brookfield Zoo and Chicago together. The memories we made I treasure now and looking back we had some great times.

Of course we had the usual mother daughter fights. I dated guys she didn't approve of and I of course was a little rebellious, aren't all kids at some point, but I always knew my Mama Boo would be there for me. We had our ups and downs but my Mom was always my best friend. We solved the worlds problems on our fun little road trips and always had a good laugh.

Mom's battle with cancer started when I was in 8th grade and I will never forget the moment she told me she had been diagnosed. You see I lost my Dad when I was just 2 years old so the thought of losing my Mom was terrifying. I was determined she would beat this and she did for a while. But after a long hard fight cancer won in the summer of 2002. I don't think anyone can ever understand what I felt at that moment, I know my family didn't, at least at that time. I didn't just lose my Mama Boo I lost my best friend, my support system, my everything at the age of 16.

I haven't had my Mom by my side for so many big moments, prom, graduation, my wedding, the birth of H but I know my Mom is always right here next to me. I really just wanted to post a special Happy Birthday message to my Mama Boo....she is getting older after all. :)

Memories are so treasured and I will never forget all of the great memories my Mama Boo and I made over the years. She was kind of the crazy picture lady taking pictures of everything but you know what now I am so glad she did because I can look back and remember all the great times we had.

Anyway happy 52nd Birthday Mama Boo! I love you to the moon and back! Thanks for being the best Mom in the world. Miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment