Tuesday, September 20, 2011

First HH6 Challenge: Tomato Pasta

This week I prepared my HH6 Cooking Challenge for September. As I mentioned in my first post about this challenge I didn't have a whole lot to chose from so I had to get creative. I must say creativity is not my specialty. I am still learning my way around the kitchen so to speak and typically cook based on a recipe. This was a bit of a challenge for me but I enjoyed it all the same.

My ingredients included:
1 Can Tomato Soup
1 Tomato chopped
1 Onion Chopped
Garlic Clove
1 lb ground hamburger
pasta
shredded cheese
First I sauteed the chopped garlic, tomato, and onion.

Then I boiled the pasta and browned the ground beef. After the hamburger was done I added the sauteed veggies and the tomato soup to the beef.
This was the first time I have ever cooked not using a recipe and I must say it turned out really well. I realize it isn't the most creative meal and is much like spaghetti or possibly a hamburger helper meal but it turned out really good. S even asked for seconds so I must have done something right! Here is a picture of the finished product!
I really enjoyed this month's challenge and look forward to October's!
Add Image

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on coming out with your own recipe. I'm glad you joined the group and I'm looking forward the more posts.

    ReplyDelete