Sunday, September 4, 2011

Snacks/Desserts 9/5 through 9/11

I am going to try something different this week, S and I always have a snack after he gets home from work. It is our time and we like to unwind watching some television and eating a snack. I haven't been buying a lot of snack type foods for a couple of reasons, 1) a lot of snacky type foods are high in processed junk and 2) I love to snack so if we have snacks on hand I WILL snack.
This week I am going to try to plan a couple of snacks I can make over the weekend and have on hand for the week. Now the hard part will be keeping S, H, and I out of the snacks. :)
So I am thinking of making the following for our weekly snacks:
Monster Cookies with milk
Corn Tortilla Chips with Salsa
Air Popped Popcorn (this one I will make the night we decide to eat)
Applesauce Brownies
I am looking forward to trying out these recipes and seeing if I can keep my hands out of the "cookie jar" so to speak and not snack too much. I will let you know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment