Saturday, September 24, 2011

Menu 9/26 through 10/2

Dinners
Monday: Loose Meat Burgers with French Fries and Veggies
Tuesday: Butternut Squash Soup
Wednesday: Tomato Pasta
Thursday: Steak Fajitas with Black Beans and Corn
Friday: Barbeque Chicken with Baked Sweet Potatoes and Veggies
Saturday: Leftovers
Sunday: BLTs with Chips and Fruit

Again I am working to keep myself on an extremely tight grocery budget. My goal this week is to keep it under $40! I don't really need a lot but do have to buy organic milk and that gets expensive. My grocery list includes: tortillas, frozen corn, eggs, turkey bacon, turkey lunch meat, peanut butter, milk (skim and 2%) and chips.
We are also going to try consuming more real foods for our snacks. I am not sure S and H will love this but rather than something process for snacks we are going to try fruits, veggies or home baked goodies. I am hoping we can adjust to this change because I know it is better for us and will make it easier for me to reach my grocery budget goal.
I am also going to try to cook some of these meals ahead of time or at least get some of the prep work done early. As I have mentioned S works swing shift so our dinner meal is actually served at lunch. A few days a week we hit the gym in the morning before lunch and I find we often pick up Subway or Chipotle on those days rather than come home and hurry through preparing a meal. So this week I am going to try to prepare a bit in advance on these days so that hopefully we can avoid the fast food places.

No comments:

Post a Comment