Thursday, August 25, 2011

Menu 8/29 through 9/4

Every week I work very hard to keep my grocery budget (excluding my Bountiful Baskets purchase and the Grassroots purchase I recently shared) at $50 or less. Mrs. Seamonster got me showed me its possible so every week that is the goal I strive for. I really only have $38 to $40 a week for groceries since I do spend anywhere from $10-$12 on milk. We only drink organic and its pricey. H loves his milk.
This week I am challenging myself a bit further and going to try to spend even less. I have quite a bit stocked up in the pantry and freezer so I am going to try to prepare meals that need minimal ingredients (that I don't I already have on hand). In reality I should be shopping like this on a weekly basis so this will become a weekly challenge.
Monday
Breakfast: Oatmeal/Smoothie
Lunch: Black Bean Chili (we skipped it from last weeks menu)
Dinner: Red Beans and Rice Burritos/Smoothie (S said he thought the RB&R would be good in a burrito so we shall see)
Tuesday
Breakfast: Scrambled Eggs with cheese and turkey/Smoothie
Lunch: Tuna Noodle Casserole
Dinner: Turkey Sandwich/Smoothie
Wednesday
Breakfast: Pancakes/Smoothie
Lunch: Pot Roast with carrots and potatoes
Dinner: Peanut Butter and Jelly/Smoothie
Thursday
Breakfast: Egg in a Hole/Smoothie
Lunch: Tuna Noodle Casserole
Dinner: Turkey Sandwich/Smoothie
Friday
Breakfast: Eggs and Bacon/Smoothie
Lunch: Chicken Enchiladas
Dinner: Free Night
Saturday
Breakfast: French Toast
Lunch: Tuna Sandwich/Smoothie
Dinner: Pot Roast
Sunday
Breakfast: Baked Donuts
Lunch: BLT/Smoothie
Dinner: Chicken Enchiladas

No comments:

Post a Comment