Saturday, December 3, 2011

10 Day YOU Challenge Day 3

Today is Eight Fears. This seems like quite the "downer" post to me so if you aren't looking for a downer post then you might want to skip today. :) So without any procrastinating here are my eight fears.

8. Getting stuck in Nevada. I have this fear that we will never escape the desert. I really don't want to raise H in this town beyond the years we are here for the Air Force but I am afraid we will be here forever. If the housing market doesn't turn around we may have to stay here a few years after S gets out of the Air Force because we bought our house. I am afraid that once we are here by choice not by Air Force orders that we may never escape.
7. Not Finding a Job. I don't want to have gone to school forever and not be able to find a job in my career field. I am enjoying studying for my degree and I want to work in that career field
6. Being stranded. I am always afraid when traveling of being stuck on the side of the road somewhere. Maybe that is because we drive 1600 miles one way every year for vacation. And we have to drive through Utah where there are signs warning you of no services for hundreds of miles and of course no cell phone reception.
5. Making big decisions. Don't we all fear big decisions. I am always afraid to make the wrong decision.
4.Cancer. My Mom died of cancer and the disease scares me.
3. Failure. I have a tremendous amount of fear about failing. Not at anything specific but I am always afraid I am going to fail at whatever I try.
2. Not raising H to be a good, well-mannered young man. I want to make sure he knows God, has good morals, knows how to behave etc. But he is a wild little dude right now and what if he never calms down and learns how to behave?
1. Losing S. I lost both of my parents at a young age and I will admit that I have a crazy fear of losing S too. I tend to worry if he is late getting home (traffic is crazy here) or if when he is deployed I don't hear from him at least once a week, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment