Saturday, December 10, 2011

Three Films

Today challenge is three films. I must say this isn't easy for me because honestly I don't sit still long enough to watch a movie very often. When I do watch a movie I am normally multitasking and not getting the whole movie in so this isn't easy for me.

3.

Food Inc.  I know how does a documentary make the list right? This movie completely changed the way think about food. I wish I could live on or near a farm like Joel Salatin. I am forever grateful for this movie and authors like Michael Pollan for bringing my attention to our the problems within our food supply. If you haven't seen this movie I think it is extremely important that you sit down and watch it at least once. I have watched it many times and still learn things from it. 
2.
Fried Green Tomatoes. It was hard to pick between Fried Green Tomatoes, Steel Magnolias or Driving Miss Daisy for the number 2 spot. I am weird aren't I, that these are my movies. But I love the classics I think that the wholesomeness of Fried Green Tomatoes and the others I mentioned that make it such a favorite of mine. Movies today are lacking so much that the movies of the past bring, sex isn't everything a movie and really isn't that necessary either right? 

1. Hope Floats  I don't know what it is about this movie but it is my all time favorite movie. I remember watching it with my Mom when I was a teenager and this movie just struck a cord with me. This is the only movie that I know a lot of lines and I can seriously watch it over and over again with no problem. I think it is just a wonderfully heartfelt movie. It all seems so real I guess and I think that is important. 



No comments:

Post a Comment