Sunday, December 4, 2011

Weekly Recap and New Mini Challenge

So first I will start with the recap of how this past week went as far as sticking with the menu and our mini challenge.
What we did well:
-The majority of our meals through the week were clean.
-We stuck to our menu for the most part through the week.
-We ate at least 2 servings of fruit/veggies for a huge part of our meals. I think we missed a couple of meals but overall great.

What we didn't do so well:
-Let's just say the weekend killed us. S plays flag football on Saturday mornings and we have Basket pickup so it is hard to get breakfast in which then leads to bad lunch decisions and so on. I am hoping next weekend we can focus on better decisions.
-Drinking nothing but water, teas, etc. We drank some Pop a few days when we should have just drank water.

As far as recipes we won't be serving again from last week:
-Homemade Spaghetti Sauce. I have another clean recipe that I enjoy much more than this recipe.
-Whole Wheat Mac and Cheese. This may be made again with some extra cheese and milk. It just seemed pretty bland. (S doesn't like Whole Wheat pasta so it is kind of interesting these days).
-Tortilla Soup. Just not my thing I guess. I don't know not loving it.
-Banana Pancakes. These were okay but I think just plain pancakes would be better.

I guess we had a lot of recipes we didn't love this week. We did try everything and stuck with the meal plan the rest of the recipes I used were very good and I will be adding them to my cook again file.

This week's challenge in addition to eating 2 fruits/veggies with each meal is: “Real” beverages – Beverages will be limited to coffee, tea, water, and milk (only naturally sweetened with a little honey or 100% pure maple syrup). One cup of juice will be allowed throughout the week, and wine (preferably red) will be allowed in moderation (an average of one drink per day). 
Visit 100 Days of Real Food to learn more about the challenges. 

No comments:

Post a Comment