Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Wives of Faith Christmas Blog Carnival Day 3

Today over at Wives of Faith they are talking about favorite Christmas memories. Boy do I have a lot of memories of Christmas time. My Mom always made sure Christmas was a magical time of year. I am so thankful for the memories that I am now able to treasure of Christmas past. My favorite memory though would be my Christmas Morning surprise when I was 5 or 6 years old.

My Mom worked as a Registered Nurse at our local hospital. This meant she worked every other weekend and some holidays. Since it was just my Mom and I (my Dad died when I was much younger) the weekends and holidays she worked I spent time with my extended family. This particular Christmas my Mom had to work at the hospital which meant I was staying at my Grammy's house.

On Christmas morning I woke up to celebrate the holiday with my Grammy, cousins, Aunt, and Uncle but I must admit I was a little sad my Mom wouldn't be there with us. We were all gathered around the kitchen table eating breakfast before heading downstairs to see what Santa brought us when I heard my Mom call my name. I turned around to find my Mom standing in the kitchen. She had somehow gotten the day off work (which was unheard of especially during a holiday) just to spend it with me and make sure I had a magical Christmas.

I will never forget that Christmas and how wonderful it was to spend the day with my Mom and my family. That is my favorite Christmas memory though I have many more wonderful memories of Christmas.

Head over to Wives of Faith to read more wonderful stories of Christmas memories.

1 comment:

  1. What a touching and wonderful memory. Thank you for sharing it. :)

    ReplyDelete