Friday, December 9, 2011

Wives of Faith Christmas Carnival Day 5

Today's topic over at Wives of Faith is:
 You Might Be a Military Spouse at Christmas If . . .

As I read that topic I thought of so many of the military spouses that are spending time apart from their spouses for the holidays. I also think of the ones like Jill over at Keep Calm and Have a Cosmo  who is going to be able to enjoy having her husband home just in time for the holidays. As a military spouse we get used to our spouses being gone for special events, its all part of the job, but it doesn't make it any easier. 

But to get to the purpose of this post for me you might be a military spouse at Christmas if your holiday festivities are overshadowed by an upcoming deployment. This will be the second Christmas in a row that we are facing a deployment quickly after the holidays. Christmas has become somewhat bittersweet for me because I realize that once Christmas is over we will be counting down the days until S gets on that plane once again to head around the world. I love Christmas but the past two years have made me want to slow this time down. I want to enjoy every moment because I know soon after we will be facing the challenges of another deployment. 

I praise God for giving me the strength, courage and determination to get through the last deployment on my end and am even more thankful that he brought S home safely. This year I am praying to God for S's safety and safe return and asking for the strength and courage to push through these months apart. So to me you might be a military spouse at Christmas if you are feeling bittersweet about Christmas with another deployment looming. 

Head over to Wives of Faith to read what other spouses think about being a military spouse at Christmas. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry the Christmas season has turned into deployment season for your family. I'll be praying for your family!

    ReplyDelete