Saturday, December 3, 2011

Bountiful Basket Recap 12/3

I keep forgetting to update you with my weekly basket contents and now that I remember I cannot for the life of me find my camera. So I had to list what we got rather than show a picture. All of the produce listed is organic and cost a total of $26.50. I haven't priced a basket out in the grocery store lately but I must say I think you would be hard pressed to get this much organic produced for $26.50 at the grocery store. If you are interested in getting your produce from the Bountiful Baskets Co-op visit their website here to see if they have contribution locations near you! They offer conventional baskets as well as breads, tortillas, and other specialty items. This is a great way to get great produce at a great price. It is also a wonderful way to introduce produce that your family doesn't typically eat.

Cucumber (2)
Green Bell Pepper (2)
Roma Tomato (1lb package)
Avocado (3)
Spinach
Broccoli
Fingerling Potatoes (1.5lbs)
Gala Apples (4)
Granny Smith Apples (4)
Oranges (4)
Honey Dew Melon (1)
Pears (3lbs)

I will be posting our weekly meal plan based off of our basket in the next day or so too. I try to base our meal plan off of what we get in our basket. This allows us to try new recipes and make sure we eat all of the produce we receive.

Visit Bountiful Baskets to learn how to get your own basket!

No comments:

Post a Comment