Monday, December 12, 2011

Blueberry Muffins

We got some blueberries in our Basket this weekend and I knew right away I would be making some Blueberry Muffins. I love Blueberry Muffins, S isn't a huge fan and is particular about how hard the tops can be. I used Jonni McCoy's recipe from Healthy Meals for Less as a base for my recipe. I thought these turned out great and they made a lot too which is always nice.

Blueberry Muffins
Serves 18 muffins

2 cups whole wheat flour
1/3 cup Agave Nectar
1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
1/2 Teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon Allspice
1 cup Skim milk
4 Egg whites
1/3 Mashed Banana
1 teaspoon Vanilla
1-1 1/2 cups blueberries

Combine all dry ingredients until mixed well. Add wet ingredients, except Blueberries. Mix until blended. Add blueberries and carefully fold into mix. 
Pour into paper lined muffin tins, filling them 2/3rds full. Bake at 400* for 20 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment