Monday, December 5, 2011

Six Places

Oh how I have been looking forward to this post....today I get to write about 6 places...

6. Oh Las Vegas, NV. I have made a few wonderful friends out here (including E and M in the picture with me) but this not a place I would ever imagine living if I weren't here. Las Vegas has been home for the past 3 plus years, I have survived a deployment and will survive another all while living in Las Vegas. This city has taught be how to drive in traffic, to always lock my doors, to be thankful for friendly faces, and most of all how to be independent.
5.Sterling, Co. Okay this is a random place but a place that holds a special spot in my heart because it is the halfway point whenever we travel home (to Illinois/Wisconsin) and back. We always stay at the Super 8 in Sterling. After spending 14-15 hours or more in the car pulling into Sterling is always a relief. 


4. Galesburg, Il. My hometown. The home of corn fields and trains. I grew up loving my town, unlike so many that are always dying to run away from their hometown. Now I will say I never dreamed of living in Galesburg but I never imagined myself living too far away either. I have so many wonderful memories of Galesburg and some not so great either but I love my hometown.
3. Willow Beach, Az.I never thought I would say I loved anywhere in the desert Southwest but S, H, and I have come to love Willow Beach. We are down there as many weekends as possible even when it is cold, windy, and rainy. We love the water and the opportunity to fish so even though we don't really catch a lot of fish at Willow Beach we love to visit. 
2. The Midwest. I know this is a wide ranging place. I am a Midwestern girl at heart and believe that I always will be. I love everything that comes with the Midwest; winter, summer, spring, fall, snowstorms, harvest, thunderstorms, all of it! I love the unique small towns, fall football games, knowing your neighbors, friendly smiles, the slow pace of life.  I just love the Midwest and can't wait to get back there.

1. Boulder Junction, Wi. This where I dream of living. This is where I feel at home. Boulder Junction is our annual vacation destination. We drive 1600 plus miles across the United States to go to Boulder every year. Last year S caught this amazing Northern Pike on the waters of Northern Wisconsin, a quick drive from Boulder. The town is an amazing small town, with neat shops, friendly people, and the most beautiful lakes in the world. Nature is at your finger tips when you are in Boulder Junction. I can't wait to go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment