Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Five Foods

I think I am a day or two behind but at least I am here still working on this I suppose. Today's topic is Five foods. So here are my five foods....
5.  Tuna Noodle Casserole. This is a Rodenhouser family meal I guess you could say. My Mom made it, my Aunt makes it (she even tries to remember the tuna), and my Grandmother makes it. It is one of my comfort foods you could say. It is such a basic recipe though it isn't very clean...I know I could make it cleaner though.
4. Buffalo Wild Wings. I post about this place weekly in my menus because it is our place. We go every week to watch our Chicago Bears play and Bdubs makes me feel a little closer to home. The waitstaff knows us and we get to watch our home team play. If it weren't for Bdubs we wouldn't be able to enjoy the games. It has become a family tradition and I really enjoy it.
3. Grandpa's Chili. I have learned to make this Chili thanks to my Grandpa who always is willing to share his recipes even if it is a little bit of that and a little bit of this type recipes. A nice bowl of chili is always a wonderful treat no matter the time of year. (Yes I have made chili in the dead of Summer in this desert we live in).
2. French Fries. Such a great treat right!?! I love french fries, especially homemade ones. I know pretty unhealthy but I sure do love them.
1. And finally my favorite food of all time is my Grandma's Tacos. I make my own version every Friday night but I will never be able to make them just like Grandma. They are a major comfort food for me that is for sure. The memories of Saturday Taco night with the D family will always be in my heart. The stories that were shared and the memories that were made make Grandma's Tacos even more treasured.

No comments:

Post a Comment